Suitable for both practising marketing managers and for recent graduates considering a career in marketing or who have recently taken up a marketing appointment either in the UK or overseas.
Takes you on to working confidently in a marketing role in a wide range of industries. Course examples and coursework will include marketing best practice in the following sectors: financial and professional services, retailing and consumer services, and manufacturing and business-to-business.
You will be taught by a team with an international reputation for researching, publishing and teaching on strategic marketing.
The Strategic Marketing MSc is designed to equip students for a successful career in marketing. We also want students to enjoy themselves, be intellectually challenged, stimulated and excited by what they will be learning and doing.
The course provides students with a practical and thorough research-grounded knowledge of strategic marketing within Cranfield’s world-class learning environment and learning resources. Specifically, students gain:
* knowledge and skills to analyse marketing issues and problems using a range of marketing tools and frameworks, and to develop appropriate marketing strategies using these tools
* the ability and understanding to apply marketing tools and frameworks across a wide variety of marketing situations, accurately and confidently
* the practical skills to analyse, research, communicate and present their ideas and recommendations.
We provide students with an online learning portal to enable access to a wide range of facilities including electronic teaching materials, marketing software, self-assessment exercises, and some of the course reading.
“The marketing modules at Cranfield were unlike those offered by other universities. They were practical and upbeat and most importantly you are in the ‘hub’ of latest research and innovation with the best teachers that the world can offer.”
Jana Savchenko – Campaign Manager in Data and Insight Team, British Gas Services
The course consists of taught modules, a group project, where students work as part of a small team and take on the role of consultants to analyse a live or simulated marketing consultancy, and culminates with the thesis.
* Marketing Strategy and Planning
* Integrated Marketing Communications
* Accounting and Financial Management for Marketing
* Marketing Measurement
* Relationship Management for CRM
* Sales and Key Account Management
* Demand Driven Supply Chains
* Business to Business Marketing
* Consumer Buyer Behaviour
* Marketing Research
* Management Skills for Marketing
* Brand Management