Comments about Access Control - Course - At the institution - London - Greater London
Aim: - This practically based course is designed to give participants a practical knowledge of the operation and installation of Access Control Systems at a foundation level.
Learning Objectives: -
• Understand the fundamental elements that make up an Access Control System
• Fit the principal components of stand-alone and networked systems
• Connect and programme a card, keypad and proximity stand alone system
• Effectively connect up, test and fault-find system elements
• Be aware of the issues associated with Access Control Systems
• Have an awareness of the changing technology and it’s impact on the industry
Course Content: -
• Access Control Systems: – Introduction, principles, uses and applications.
• Elements of a basic and advanced, insecure and secure Access systems.
• Stages of Access Control: - Identification, Decision, Action
• Control Components: - Reader, Keypad, Receiver, Lock
• Terms: - magnetic strip, proximity, biometrics, card-free access, readers and tokens
• Potential weakness and vulnerability of poor system design
• Standalone, Networked and Computer based systems
• Locks: - Mechanical and electromechanical, mortise and rim release units
• Use of timers and timed zones within access control systems
• Storing information gathered by an access control system
• Cables: - Types, uses, and applications, Power Supply Units
• Fault-finding techniques
• Relevant standards and issues, Changing technology and keeping updated
Other programs related to Electricity, Electronics, Computing