Speak without obligation to
London Metropolitan University
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about BA Food & Consumer Studies - At the institution - London - Greater London
This course is unique in providing you with an awareness of both industry and the consumer, giving you a broad understanding of food studies and consumer products. It gives you the flexibility to specialise in either food or consumer products, and its highly vocational nature will ensure that you have many career opportunities. The course has a strong European dimension, having teacher and student exchanges with seven European countries, and co-operation on projects with European universities and institutions.
You should have GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C or above (or equivalent). Successful applicants are normally expected to achieve one of the following: at least 160 points from two or more A-levels; or a BTEC National Diploma with MMP and at least four merits in the final year, excluding common skills. Entry from appropriate Foundation/Access courses will also be considered.
BA Food & Consumer Studies
You study eight modules at each level.
* Behavioural Studies
* Consumer, Health and Business Contexts
* I ntroduction to Data Analysis
* Food and Materials Science
* Introduction to Human Nutrition
* Marketing Fundamentals
* Consumer Communications
* Consumer Policy
* Food Science Theory
* Structure of Society and Social Policy
* Consumer Patterns, Lifestyle and Health
* Creative Food Development
* Food Processing and Preservation
* Management and Organisational Theory
* Research Project
* Work Placement
* Consumer Journalism and Broadcast Media
* Product Development
* International Food Perspectives