Speak without obligation to
Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about Course - BIIAB National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders - At the institution - Bromley - Greater London
Entry requirements All candidates must provide Acceptable Proof of Identification i.e. signed value passport (any nationality), signed UK photo card driving licence, signed UK paper driving licence, valid EU photo identity card or valid UK firearms licence. No other forms of ID will be accepted.
BIIAB National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders
This is a nationally recognised qualification designed for anyone authorising the retail sale of alcohol in licensed premises. This course is both QCA accredited and Government approved and has been specifically designed to meet the statutory requirements of the Licensing Act 2003.
* BIIAB Level 2 NCPLH is the market-leading licensing qualification
* You’ll get FREE six-month provisional membership of BII, the professional body for the industry when you pass the BIIAB Level 2 NCPLH
* BIIAB Level 2 NCPLH is recognised and often demanded by the major employers in the licensed retail industry.
This qualification will cover the following:
* The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
* The application process for a personal licence
* The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
* The premises licence
* The content and purpose of operating schedules
* The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
* Unauthorised licensable activities
* Permitted temporary licensable activities
* Rights of entry to licensed premises
* Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
* The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
* The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
* The protection of children from harm
* The responsible retail sale of alcohol
Teaching and assessment
The course involves a 40 minute multiple choice exam paper consisting of 40 questions. You must answer 28 questions correctly to gain this qualification.