Speak without obligation to
London Metropolitan University
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about BA International Development - At the institution - London - Greater London
Providing an ideal basis for careers in international aid or development work, this broad-ranging course covers economic, political and social development, focusing on development at global and regional levels. The courses multidisciplinary approach reflects the growing level of global interdependence and provides you with a thorough grounding in worldwide development processes. You will have the opportunity to specialise in subjects of particular interest. The University also has links with a number of European institutions and study abroad is encouraged.
You should have at least 200 points, including 160 points from two or more A-levels. English Language and Mathematics GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent) is also required. These requirements may be varied in individual cases.
BA International Development
Joint Honours involves four modules from each level in Development Studies, plus four from your other subject. You may also choose a Major/Minor combination at the end of level 1.
* Economics in Society
* Global Perspectives on Development
* International Economic Growth
* The World and the West
* Economic Growth
* Society and Development in Latin America
* Politics and Political Change in the Middle East Since 1945
* Politics and Society in the T hird World
* Global Political Economy
* South East Asian Development and Change
* Comparative Economic Development
* International Economic History
* International Relations and the Environment
* Political and Economic Development in Pacific Asia