What is this course about?
Have you ever wondered about the electronics inside a piece of equipment which you have used, for example, An MP3 Amplifier? Car Alarm? Mixing desk? This course gives you the chance to make these devices and many more.
What will I study?
, In the first year you will study a variety of topics including audio systems and microcontrollers. Through practical work in nearly every lesson, you will learn about the application of various topics to alarms, lighting systems, amplifiers, mixing desks, and more. Practical coursework accounts for 27% of the AS marks, and the remainder of marks from two written papers.
In the second year you will study a variety of topics including video displays, digital processing, and microcontroller systems. Through practical work in lessons you will learn about the application of various topics to infra red alarms and controls, making radios, programming, and more. Project work accounts for 13.5% of the course where students design a circuit of their choice. The remainders of the marks are from two written papers totaling 36.5%, and 50% from AS units
What can I do after the course?
Close to 80% of our A-level students progress to Higher Education. Alternatively, you could choose to enter employment.