Comments about Digital Electronics - Course - At the institution - London - Greater London
Aim: - To enable participants to build, test, and fault-find common Digital Electronic circuits used in computers and computer controlled
Learning Objectives: -
• Study and use of popular Digital Electronic gates and more advanced circuits.
• Building and fault-finding a range of Digital Electronic circuits.
• Use test equipment including Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, logic probes and pulsers to implement systematic fault-finding techniques.
Course Content: -
• Health & Safety, Care of Tools and instruments for assembly and repair
• Introduction to Electronics: - Electric Current, OHMS Law, Insulation, Conduction and related Formulae. Resistor colour codes.
• Numbering systems, TTL and CMOS technologies
• Practical study of Digital I.C.’s including AND, NAND, OR, NOR, X-OR, Inverter, Buffer, SR Latches and D-Latches.
• Oscillators, Multivibrators and 555 Timers. Switches and Switch De-bounce circuits and their applications
• Counters, Counter Decoding Circuitry, Shift Registers
• A-D and D-A converters
• Digital Displays: - LED and LCD, numeric and alphanumeric, operating currents, voltages and power requirements. Display decoders and drivers.
• Test Equipment: - Practical use of Analogue and Digital Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Logic probes, Logic Pulsers, etc.
• Fault-finding techniques: - Diagnosing and rectifying faults on circuits built during course.
Other programs related to Electricity, Electronics, Computing