Aim: - To provide participants with the skills required to connect Digital, Text and Voice Communicators to an Alarm Control Panelfor transmission of Digital status signals via the telephone line or GSM Network.
Learning Objectives: -
• Connect and programme a Digital Communicator.
• Connect and programme a Text (SMS) Communicator.
• Connect and programme a Voice Communicator.
• Be aware of regulatory requirements and communication protocols.
• Be aware of design considerations for alarm installations using digital communicators.
Course Content: -
• Review of microprocessor control panel.
• The Digital Communicator – Slow and fast formats.
• Digital, Text and Voice Communicator triggering methods.
• Connecting and programming the Communicators.
• IS 228 requirements for monitoring stations and Digital Communicators.
• Stand Alone and Integrated Communicators. Communication protocols.
• Garda Response Policy, Verification Technology and E requirements.
• Central Stations’ verification of alarm signals.
• Specific design considerations for alarm systems using Digital Communicators.
Practical “Hands-On” experience: - 50% approx.