Two years minimum; seven years maximum.
This course prepares students with a flexible high quality approach to postgraduate learning which offers the potential for enhanced career progression within the food industry. For MSc entry, candidates must have a First or Second Class Honours Degree in a suitable science or engineering subject (for example, Biological Sciences, Chemistry or Chemical/Mechanical Engineering). For Diploma entry, candidates must hold a degree, preferably at Honours level, but lesser qualifications, including substantial relevant work experience, will be considered.
CORE SUBJECT AREAS
* Quality Assessment and Food Safety
* Food Chemistry
* Microbiology of Food
* Project Studies in Food Science: Design and Practice
* Nutrition and Human Health
* Basic of Business for Food Scientists
* Research Project (MSc only)