Suitable for practising HR managers and experienced people considering a career in HR, including those who have recently taken up an international appointment in the UK or overseas.
Takes you on to a successful career in international HR management. Through its rigorous theory and leading-edge applications, the programme prepares you to advance the practice of international people management.
You will be taught by a team of leading Cranfield School of Management academics with an international reputation for research, publishing and teaching.
The International Human Resource Management MSc provides students with a practical and thorough research-grounded knowledge of international and comparative Human Resource Management (HRM), organisational behaviour and employee relations.
The course increases students’ understanding of global HR issues and provides the skills to improve the contribution of international HR. With access to leading-edge research by the Cranfield Human Resources Research Centre and the Centre for Research into the Management of Expatriation, students gain the research skills to allow them to carry out projects in a valid and reflective way, and develop business acumen in areas such as international economics, marketing and accounting and finance, while building their consulting skills.
Students also benefit from an online learning portal with services to help with their MSc, including access to the Management Information and Resource Centre; course administration, news and timetables; document templates; and a communication and information facility.
Specifically, students will gain:
* an appreciation of the diverse national contexts in which organisations operate and how their management and HR strategies are influenced by internal and external factors
* an understanding of the key HR strategies, structures and processes multinational organisations employ
* the confidence to contextualise global HR ideas and select appropriate international initiatives
* the ability to use a wide range of practical skills to select, develop, appraise, compensate and communicate with staff in an international setting
* expertise in developing and implementing research projects to address pertinent organisational issues in international HR management.
In addition to studying a set of course modules, students also complete an individual research project or a company-based thesis.
* Strategic International HR Management
* International Organisational Behaviour
* Research Methodology
* Dimensions of Cross-Cultural Understanding
* Global Business Environment
* International Employee Relations
* In-Company Group Project
* Marketing Concepts for International HR
* International Compensation and Benefits
* Accounting and Finance for International HR Practitioners
* International HR Management Practice
* Consulting and Influencing Skills
* Specialist Regional HR Topics