Comments about Operational Communications Master in Science - Postgraduate Diploma - At the institution - Coventry - West Midlands
* To provide an understanding of the global Environment of ICT with an analytical study of the nature of the business and processes involved. * To provide an understanding of the management and implementation of ICT projects. * To provide a framework of the principles of communication systems, which will be the platform of fundamentals on which the Internet protocols, network architecture and wireless access, are built. * To provide an understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements for ICT. * To understand the underlying principles of strategic management as applied to the communications industry. * To provide an understanding of the economics of a liberated and competitive network.
Applicants are required to have gained 3-5 years of work experience in the Telecom Environment prior to joining the course.
Operational Communications Master in Science / Postgraduate Diploma
This course presents a coherent portfolio of modules, which creates a comprehensive integrated programme enabling students to acquire a broad understanding of interdisciplinary knowledge in Operational Communications. In addition, the MSc seeks to enhance the participants skills capabilities by developing their confidence and aptitude in the field of ICT’s.
* Team Building
* Research methods
* Basic Computing
The course covers the following modules:
* Environment for Information and Communications Technologies
* Network Architecture
* The Economics of a Liberated and Competitive Network
* Operations of the Internet/Intranet
* The Legal and Regulatory Requirements for ICTs
* Wireless Access to the Information Society
* The Strategic Management of ICTs
* Creating Business Advantage
* Service Level Management of Human Resources and Technology
* Project Management of ICT Implementation
In addition the student must satisfactorily complete an individual project.