Comments about Post-Compulsory Education - Lifelong Learning, PGCE - At the institution - Greenwich - Greater London
* To provide initial training for practising and prospective teachers and trainers * To respond to the changing needs of employers in the lifelong learning sector * To encourage the growth of professionalism in the lifelong learning sector
Entry Requirements For full -time study: a degree or professional/ vocational qualification and relevant work experience. For part-time study/ flexible learning: full-time or part-time employment as a teacher or trainer in the postcompulsory sector, and a degree or vocational/professional qualification
Post-Compulsory Education / Lifelong Learning, PGCE
These programmes lead to initial teaching qualifications for those who teach or intend to teach in further education colleges, sixth-form colleges, adult education centres, art colleges, health care or community organisations, the public services and a wide range of commercial and voluntary organisations.
The programmes are offered in three modes of study. Full-time attendance will benefit those wishing to obtain a qualification before seeking employment and incorporates a period of supervised teaching practice. Part-time attendance and flexible learning are aimed at teachers and trainers who are already employed.
The programme comprises courses at two levels: Level one covers the skills needed for teaching and classroom management; level two courses extend these skills and help students to explore the theory underpinning teaching and learning.
* Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
* Planning and Enabling Learning
* Assessment and Learning
* Theories and Principles of Learning
* Managing and Supporting Learning
* Curriculum Design and Implementation for Inclusive Practice
* Wider Professional Practice
* Specialist Subject Study
For teachers/trainers already within the FE and PCET sectors, these qualifications provide full professional recognition. For pre-entry students, these qualifications provide the training for such recognition and employment as a teacher/trainer