An introduction to wedding planning
The role of the wedding planner
How to get started
Assess your strengths and weaknesses
* The planning process
* Create a wedding folder
The ceremony and location
* Religious versus civil ceremony
* The law relating to weddings
* Choosing a physical location
* Weddings abroad
* Once your clients have chosen a venue
The day of the event
People and their roles
* Bride and groom
* Maid of honour and best man
* Other attendants
* Priest and officiant
* Wedding staff
* The photographer
* Wedding catering
* Planning for a catered wedding
* Prospective caterer interview
* Food and drink
* The cake
Flowers and decorations
Invitations and gift lists
* Guest list
* Gift list
* Types of entertainment
* Music selection
* Calculating transport needs
* Style of transport
* Trial run or inspection
* Planning the schedule
* Stag and hen parties
* Choosing the wedding rings
* Customizing the rings
* The ring exchange ceremony
* Last minute detail
Your first meeting with a client
* At the meeting
* Communication skills
* Proposal to client
Budgeting for your client's big day
* Need for making a budget
* Figuring costs
* Networking for value
* Working to deadlines
Setting up your business
* Your office at home / location
* What your office needs
* The tools you'll need
* Your business name
Marketing your business
* Marketing your wedding planning business
* How to look for work
* Advertising, marketing & networking
* Pricing your services
* Wedding contract components
How Will You Benefit?
* Fast track your career as a wedding planner
* Learn the inside secrets of how to become a wedding planner pro in months not years!
* Study a wedding planning course that was designed in conjunction with the wedding planning industry
* Free up valuable time, don't waste time and money travelling to classes
* Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
* Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
* Easy interest free payment plans from as low as £25 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Imagine having an exciting high-paying job that lets you use your creativity to organize the happiest day of people's lives. Welcome to the world of wedding planning!
There are few careers that offer so many benefits. As a wedding planner you will have a job that is fun, interesting, and rewarding. If you start your own wedding planner business you can enjoy the freedom of being your own boss.
The prospects of becoming a wedding planner has never been more bright. In the United Kingdom their is some 306.000 weddings taking place each year. In many cases a wedding planner also known as a bridal consultant, wedding consultant, or wedding coordinator was hired to manage and plan for the special day. Couples are increasingly "time poor" and with demanding career commitments many couples lack the time to organize their own weddings. This trend is only set to continue!
In addition to the possibility of running you own Wedding Planner business graduates will typically also gain positions with the following organisations:
* Function centres
* Wedding reception centres
* Event management consultants and companies
* Promotional companies
* Wedding and party planners
* Exhibition venues and services
* Incentive planners
* Fund raising and charity organisations
It's a glamorous job! Remember Jennifer Lopez in the movie "The Wedding Planner"? How would you like to be the glamorous Wedding Planner who gets to have all the fun of organizing a wedding and being paid to do it all? Picture this:
A young couple, madly in love, signs you up as their Wedding Planner. You get to dress up and visit all the fancy hotels and wedding venues, and taste the gourmet food provided by wedding caterers. Plus you'll get to check in to the latest boutiques shopping for the bride and even having a blast at the bridal shower and hen parties!
Picture yourself calling the shots and signing contracts with clients and various wedding vendors, being 'in' with the best fashion boutiques in town and always knowing exactly what's hot and what's not!
And at the end of the day, when you finally put your feet up, it will be with the satisfaction of knowing that you have just played an important role in making two people's life's very happy.
ICI Wedding Planning Video Clip
Course Levels Explained / Prerequisites
This course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at. The different levels are achieved by the amount of course content and assessments involved within each module at the basic (Certificate), intermediate (Diploma) and advanced (Advanced Diploma) levels. You will be able to learn about what the difference is between the three levels below:
1. Certificate: represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge. Suitable for basic entry level positions.
2. Diploma: qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
3. Advanced Diploma: The graduate is able to apply a significant range of principles and techniques across various contexts and functions. Graduates can expect to be involved in significant judgments, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
* Certificate Level - 14 weeks,
* Diploma Level - 24 weeks,
* Advanced Diploma Level - 31 weeks.
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
* Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
* The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode : Distance Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance, assessments takes place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you’ll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
* Government, business & industry employers 32%
* High school leavers 20%
* Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
* Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
* Military personal 11%
* Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very "hands on" approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the "theory" behind the industry - they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and business's have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
* All required study materials and course notes
* Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
* Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
* UNESCO endorsed Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
* A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a wedding planner
* Transcripts indicating units completed
* Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
* Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipWP
* In addition graduates will receive Certified Wedding Planner status from the Institute of Wedding Planners (IWP).
* Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program