This course is designed to give participants a practical knowledge of the operation and installation of CCTV systems at a foundation level.
Learning Objectives: -
• Understand the fundamental elements that make up a CCTV System.
• Set up a Camera.
• Set up a Monitor.
• Set up Switches.
• Set up Quads.
• Set up Multiplexers.
• Set up recording devices.
• Connect up and test system elements.
• Be aware of the issues associated with lighting and scene illumination.
• Adjust the Back Focus of a lens to prevent picture going out of focus from day to night.
• Be aware of the significance of the “Operational Requirement” and the Rotakin ® Test System
• Be aware of relevant standards and issues.
• Use a lens calculator to choose correct lens for particular application.
• Have an awareness of the changing technology and it’s impact on the industry.
Course Content: -
• CCTV Systems: – Introduction and uses.
• Elements of a basic CCTV system: - Camera, monitor and digital recorder.
• Camera types and uses: - Fixed and movable, indoor and outdoor, monochrome
and colour, day and night.
• Camera specifications: - Sensitivity, signal to noise ratio and resolution. Back
• Lens types: - Fixed and variable focal length, manual and motorised zoom.
Use of lens calculator.
• Scene illumination: - Lighting considerations, LED’s, infrared lamp maintenance
and bulb life.
• Switches, Quads, Multiplexers and control systems: - Types and applications.
• Monitors and Multiple screen displays.
• Recording the footage: - Analogue and Digital video recorders.Time-lapse recording.
Reviewing video footage.
• Cables and connectors: - Types, uses, limitations, preparation and testing.
• Introduction to Digital CCTV and IP technology
• Connection to other security systems.
• Use of test equipment including: - Multimeters, Oscilloscopes,
Light Meters, Pattern Generators and Cable Length Meters.
• Relevant standards, issues and the “Operational Requirement”.
• The Analogue or Digital option Changing technology and keeping updated.