This course focuses on producing high quality software development professionals who have the wider business knowledge necessary for e-business enabled enterprises.
The course is professionally focused and provides the knowledge and skills necessary for embarking on a career as technically competent software developers, such as programming, databases, design and specification as well as relevant business topics such as ERP and e-commerce.
In addition to its strong practical orientation, the course also provides the knowledge of research principles, methods and techniques necessary for undertaking research in the field of software engineering or e-commerce.
It equips you for positions in software houses and enterprises, where there is a significant demand for IT professionals with a good knowledge of software development and its e-business context. The course is also excellent preparation for doctoral (PhD) study.
You will gain:
* skills in developing software using modern programming languages and methods
* skills in designing and creating e-business software systems to solve realistic problems
* skills in evaluating and using different standards, platforms and architectures for building interoperable e-business systems
Why study this course at City University London?
* An up-to-the-minute curriculum with a strong practical core
* A focus on software development, particularly within the e-business context
* A focus on key industrial technologies, including object-oriented programming languages such as Java and C++, as well as modelling languages such as UML and XML.
* An area of high demand by employers
* A stimulating intellectual environment supported by City University's internationally renowned research activity in software engineering and related fields.
* All modules in this course are supported by the University's online learning environment (CitySpace). You will be able to access lecture materials and engage in discussions with student colleagues, teaching staff and the course team.