Comments about Internet Technology and E-Commerce, MSc - At the institution - Greenwich - Greater London
Entry Requirements Candidates should have a good honours degree in computer science or a related discipline. A good working knowledge of a programming language such as Java or C++ is essential
Internet Technology and E-Commerce, MSc
An advanced programme of study involving distributed programming, software technologies and architectures and e-commerce concepts and strategies for building internet-enabled e-commerce systems.
The main tasks facing industry at the moment involve the development of new internet-enabled systems, the integration of legacy systems into intranets or extranets, and advanced internet publishing.
There is a pressing need for people with skills in designing, building and maintaining such systems. These skills should be accompanied by an appreciation of the business context and market forces behind the new technologies.
This programme educates graduates in the applications necessary for the deployment of distributed computing systems over the internet.
* Project and Dissertation – including a course in Research Methods
* Enterprise Programming and Architecture
* Web Engineering
* E-Business Applications
* Network Security
* Distributed Data Management Technology
* Distributed Data Architecture and Management
* Advanced Network Technologies *
* Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
* Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Databases *
* Enterprise Web Engineering
* Network Technologies and Design
* Network Management *
* Mobile Applications Development
* Software Engineering Management
* Enterprise Software Engineering Development
* Computer Security and Risk Management
* Operating System and Application Server Security
* Negotiable option; pre-requisite knowledge required.