* To raise awareness of e-Learning, Teaching and Training world-wide * To give experience of selected tools and methods employed in the delivery, design and assessment of e-Learning * To appreciate the issues to be addressed by different stakeholders
The programme equips teachers and trainers to operate more effectively within e-learning environments. Students will learn to use new technologies sensitively and develop innovative and reflective practice in response to challenges in education and training.
e-Learning, Teaching and Training (CeLTT), Certificate
The programme is delivered on-line and in 'blended mode' (workshops combining face-to-face and on-line working) using a range of tools, learning, teaching and assessment methods. Participants work as individuals, in small and larger groups undertaking research, portfolio production, reflective and analytical writing, and evaluative and collaborative tasks.
The four courses that make up the Certificate of Professional Development are resource-based and represent a range of approaches to e-Learning that model current practice.
* An Introduction to e-Learning
* Designing e-Learning
* e-Learning Project
* Principles and Practices of e-Learning
Continuing professional development; progression to BSc, MA and PhD programmes
1. Have regular access to and be a confident user of an appropriately specified multimedia computer with an Internet connection and e-mail account. Some courses require participants to make use of additional software.
2. Have a good standard of general education, including a professional or academic qualification at NVQ level 3 or above.
3. Have a minimum of 2 years full-time (or part-time equivalent) experience of teaching or training.
4. Have access to a teaching or training context in which to apply the newly-acquired knowledge and skills